A dog to press the head into the wall is a sign of concern because the nervous system is affected. Learn how to identify it and know the main causes.
When the owners have a dog to press the head into the wall must be concerned and act as much as before as this is a clinical sign indicative that there is a problem at the level of the nervous system.
DOG TO PRESS THE HEAD INTO THE WALL: DESCRIPTION
A dog to press the head into the wall, or head pressing in English, is a term that describes an act compulsive disorder of the animal to be stopped and facing a wall, corner or object, with head downcast and to press (or not) against that same object, without any apparent reason. It is a condition that affects dogs of any breed and age.
DOG TO PRESS THE HEAD INTO THE WALL: SCLIENTS ASSOCIATED WITH
A dog to press the head into the wall is usually indicative of injury to the nervous system, particularly at the level of the cerebral cortex, and it is believed that it can be an attempt to relieve some of the pressure felt in the head. As such, it is possible that this change will make to accompany other clinical signs to which you should be aware of:
- Walking in circles;
- Loss of learned behaviours;
- Bizarre behaviour (catching flies “invisible”, outside);
- Urination or defecation into places inappropriate;
- Change “character” and of the reflections;
- To walk “aimlessly”.
DOG TO PRESS THE HEAD INTO THE WALL: CAUSES
There are various reasons for this neurological alteration to occur. The lesion in the nervous system may be caused by:
Head injury due to traffic accidents, falls, etc., can cause bleeding and injuries with consequences in the nervous system.
2. METABOLIC CHANGES
– Hepatic encephalopathy: Certain diseases that cause changes in the liver can ultimately lead to an accumulation of ammonia and other harmful substances for the organism due to the fact that the liver will not be able to delete them. These substances in excess, act as toxins to the nervous system.
– Imbalances in sodium: The deficit or the excess of sodium in the blood cause changes in the irrigation of the brain and, consequently, alter their functioning.
– Infection: There are numerous agents that can cause infection of the nervous system, in particular the virus of the Distemper canine and Anger, and the fungi of the Disease.
– Neoplasia: tumors can cause changes, such as the invasion and compression of the regions of the brain, vascular secondary changes in adjacent structures to the brain.
– Poisoning: Due to the curious nature of the dog, the poisoning or the consumption of toxic substances is another of the great causes of neurological disorders. The lead poisoning, present in the batteries, and lubricating of cars, paints, and insecticides, and for ethylene glycol (present in antifreeze of the car) are common and often neglected on the part of the owners due to lack of knowledge. Accidental ingestion of ethylene glycol is one of the most common causes of poisoning in domestic animals.
DOG TO PRESS THE HEAD INTO THE WALL: DIAGNÓSTICO
In the case of a manifestation/consequence of a primary cause, the diagnosis is to, through specific means, try to figure out what is causing the act of the dog to press the head into the wall.
In any case, once the owner from detecting the behavior of your dog to press the head into the wall, this should take you immediately to a veterinarian. It is important to note that the success of the diagnosis depends very much on the information provided by the owner of the animal, and in particular the access that this has to certain substances that are considered toxic. A physical examination will be performed to identify if there are more neurological signs present.
The examination of the fundus of the eye to evaluate the retina and adjacent structures, may indicate the presence of inflammatory changes or other infectious diseases, as well as irregularities in the nervous system.
In case there is suspicion of intoxication, a blood collection will be performed to examine the changes present, and possible detection of toxins.
The blood pressure measurement to determine if there are changes in vascularity and perfusion, as well as analysis of the urine and the cerebrospinal fluid are possible tests to perform.
In more advanced cases where there is suspicion of injury of the brain, it may be necessary to perform an mri or a ct scan computerized axial (cat scan), so the vets have access to detailed images of the brain may show the presence of any mass or other changes.
DOG TO PRESS THE HEAD INTO THE WALL: TTREATMENT
The treatment for a dog to press the head into the wall varies depending on the pathology of the primary.
In cases of acute intoxication, it is necessary a stabilization of the patient through serum and medication to inactivate the toxins and prevent the body to absorb.
In the case of a tumor, it is necessary to assess their location, type and progression, and the treatment can get through the surgery and chemo/radiation therapy.
In the case of an infection, the procedure will vary according to the agent concerned.
The prognosis varies depending on the degree of severity of the primary cause and if there is already or not permanent injuries. Of any of the modes, the sooner the dog is seen by a specialist, the greater are your possibilities to recover.
Boris Johnson : Wikis (The Full Wiki)
Mary (mother of Jesus)
South Haven Tribune
Notes from Rational Support
Morgellons Disease Awareness
Mary (mother of Jesus)
that s not a dumbbell it s a trigger point performance …