It is called aloe vera to a plant of the set of succulent part of the family of xantoroeáceas. This shrub is also known as aloe Curacao, aloe Barbados or aloe vera (sometimes written V: Sávila).
Its leaves are serrated only on the edge, with hard and thick teeth that measure about two millimeters. The inflorescence of aloe vera can reach a height of one hundred centimeters, standing out on the plant.
Aloe vera is native to hot, dry regions. That is why it does not resist low temperatures or excess humidity. This plant has multiple uses and can be found widely in many countries.
As an ornamental plant, aloe vera stands out for its multiple toothed leaves and inflorescence. It is also used as a medicinal plant for its various active ingredients that contribute to the treatment of conditions.
The gel inside the leaves is usually used on the skin in case of burns or wounds because it has a healing, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and antiseptic effect. The chemical components of aloe vera can also help treat stomach upsets and protect the immune system.
For these characteristics, and since aloe vera has minerals (phosphorus, potassium, calcium and others) and vitamins, in some nations the plant is used as food or for the preparation of infusions.
Its medicinal properties are recognized in all parts of the world not only for the effects that aloe vera can cause in humans, but because it also serves to cure conditions in animals. It is a wonderful plant that many people grow in their gardens – it does not require special care -, so they have a natural remedy with multiple benefits completely free of charge and without having to leave their homes.
One of its advantages over other plants or, of course, certain chemical products is that it can be ingested without problem, as mentioned above. Thus, when we apply its gel to heal wounds in children or animals, which are usually more restless than adults, we should not be careful that it does not come into contact with their mouths or mucosa.
The scope of aloe vera is such that it is not only used to heal wounds or specific skin problems, but it also serves to prepare excellent energy drinks, ideal for athletes who do not want to resort to industrial products to keep up with their practices. daily. It is also possible to use it on the hair to keep it hydrated and strong.
Let’s see below other of the many uses that people usually give to aloe vera, both to cure diseases and to prevent them or maintain good health:
* As it is a very powerful antioxidant, Aloe Vera is ideal for fighting cancer, especially colon cancer;
* serves to relieve internal inflammations, as well as external ones;
* It is a widely used rejuvenating tonic, since it hydrates and repairs skin tissues, making it look softer;
* provides energy to the cells and oxygenates the blood;
* Aloe Vera also works to treat various digestive problems, such as gastric reflux, irritable colon, and constipation, to name just a few;
* stimulates blood circulation, which is essential to reduce the chances of strokes and cardiovascular diseases;
* helps maintain adequate blood pressure levels and also stabilizes triglyceride levels.
It is important to note that the aloe genus includes more than five hundred species. Aloe vera is only one of them, although it is the most popular thanks to its properties.