Business administration is a branch of the social sciences whose main objective is to take resources strategically to achieve the short, medium and long term objectives of a company.
The basic functions of business administration are:
- Planning: is the advance planning of the objectives, programs, policies, procedures and forms of action within a company.
- Organization: the functions, authorities and responsibilities are established among the people of the company. The creation of an organization manual serves to leave in writing what each person in the company should do.
- Direction: it determines how decisions or orders are given where you should always keep in mind that they are reasonable, complete and clear.
- Coordination: generate harmony between officials and operations.
- Control: comparison patterns must be established in order to measure the results. The control tools in a company can be: accounting, statistics, budgetary control, auditing, quality control, among others.
- Evaluation: the results obtained are verified and corrections are proposed in the procedures or executions.
The functions of business administration are also incorporated as the different phases that all strategic planning must pass in order to successfully meet the objectives set.
A business administration professional can work in many areas, for example, such as:
- Financial manager
- Logistics analyst
- Administrative auditor
- Business planner
- Business organizer
- Business Promoter