According to DigoPaul, circulating is what circulates. The concept derives from the verb circular, which refers to walking or moving around, running or passing from one person to another or coming and going.
In the economy and commerce, currency is a value that passes from one person to another through exchange, barter, and commercial operations. Cash is considered as circulating money, since it is used constantly to buy products or pay for services. Therefore, banknotes and coins circulate among people throughout the business cycle. For example: “The government is concerned about the lack of circulating money and wants to encourage consumption”, “The excess of circulating money reflects the lack of confidence in the banking system. “
The current assets, on the other hand, is the liquid active (available) to the closing date of exercise or is convertible into cash within twelve months. Cash, cash, accounts receivable, inventories and raw materials can be considered as part of the current assets of a company.
In certain historical moments, in the absence of cash, some countries issued circulating stamps that served as replacement for banknotes and coins. The United States (between 1861 and 1865) and Russia (1915) are some of the nations that bet on circulating stamps.
A circulating library, finally, is one whose books are loaned to readers under certain conditions.
On the other hand, it is known as circulating nurse to the person in charge of all functions non – sterile nurse in operating rooms. Among its main tasks are the following:
* Verify the operations plan and the type of interventions to be carried out. When, for various reasons, an anesthesia nurse is not present, the circulating nurse must be in charge of preparing her equipment, so that no essential element is missing during surgery;
* check that the operating room has been properly prepared for the interventions, reviewing the operation of the devices one by one and verifying that there are no missing instruments;
* check that the operating table is ready and that its movement mechanisms work correctly;
* order all the elements that will be used during the operation, leaving both the instruments and the clothing at the hand of the personnel who will intervene;
* Receive patients, carrying out the pertinent verification of their identity and ensuring that they present the documents and studies required to proceed with the interventions. On the other hand, it is also essential that they do not enter the operating room with bracelets, contact lenses, prostheses or rings, among other possible accessories;
* assist in positioning patients on the operating table;
* collaborate with the anesthesiologist to induce anesthesia and, if there is no specialized nurse, take charge of preparing the monitoring;
* help the rest of the OR staff to get dressed; This includes the surgeons, assistants and the scrub nurse, who in turn must deliver all the elements required for the operation;
* Without entering the sterile field, help your colleagues in everything they need during the interventions;
* During the operation, constantly check that the suction systems, the lights and the electric scalpel (among other components) work correctly;
* Once the operation is finished, you must take care of the collection of the waste material and the samples to be analyzed, which you must label and send to the laboratory.